Thursday, May 24, 2007
Jenna's surgery
Jenna had the first of 2 surgeries to remove her birthmark this morning. It was scheduled for 7:30 and we had to be there at 5:30. She was taken back at 7:30 and the Dr. came to see me at about 7:50 to tell me that everything went fine. Jenna did great with everything except she cried a little when they took her IV out. The IV was put in after she was asleep so she didn't feel when they put it in. She spent about 45 minutes in recovery and another hour or so in the transition room. We were home by 10:30. She is doing great, acting her normal self like nothing happened out of the norm. She will go in for the second surgery in about 6 weeks. Pictures (of course!) are on FLICKR, nothing graphic but I know some people don't like hospital pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so glad to hear that everything is ok, she still looks beautiful and so happy, I will pray for good results next time!
Thanks Jennifer :)
I'm glad it went well! She looks like she was so brave :)
I'm glad to hear that everything went well. She is beautiful and brave!
Glad to hear all is well :)
I'm glad it went well! One of my son's had a hemangioma on his forehead at birth too- it looks almost exactly like hers! :) lol
his was right on his hairline, and as his hair grew in it 1/2 covered it. It was there until around age 2 then started to fade and flatten. I totally forget he ever had it- until I see pics of him those 1st two years :)
Post a Comment